SC - OT, OOP, Chemo

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 30 09:08:12 PST 2001

> My famous last words:   Anyone who orders a green salad in
>         England probably deserves what he gets.
> Lucrezia responds:
> Oddly you should say that, as salad appears to be having a renaissance in
> England at the moment. When I first arrived here 3 1/2 years ago, you
> couldn't get anything above a basic mix of lettuces (yuck). Now my local
> Tescoes sells about 10 to 12 different salads (Caesar, baby leaf, coleslaw,
> etc etc) all the time, my favorite being the watercress/rocket/spinach mix,
> as well as baby spinach and rocket by themselves, and even my local Budgens
> supermarket (way, way down-scale) sells about 4 or 5 mixes.

That figures.  Life is contrary that way.  Everything I say is proven wrong.
Well, the stock market is down, the international market situation will continue
to worsen and my husband is never going to get a job again after the latest
dot-com bomb.  Bruno duh Barbarian will win next Crown for Cupcake Gaolbait, and
Lord Stickjock Rhinohide will get his Laurel for creative excuse-making.  <GGG>

Looks like somebody has had the bright idea of growing variety greens locally
instead of schlepping them up from Spain, si?  Well, enjoy.  It was suggested to
me one time by a nice young Londoner who was enjoying our local cuisine, that I
could make a million pounds if I opened up a California-Mexican restaurant in
London.  At the time, the greens were not, shall we say, appropriately
California-like, and avocadoes/alligator pears were two pounds EACH.  Ouch.

Selene