SC - Re: New Zealand cuisine

Vincent Cuenca bootkiller at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 30 21:28:53 PST 2001

Lucrezia, you brought back some wonderful memories for me.  I spent seven
months in New Zealand in 1988-89, working and hitchhiking around the country
(Cape Reinga to Oban and back!).  Great times for a teenaged Yank; plenty of
good food and great beer.  I also made a number of Maori friends, so I
learned to appreciate the fine differences in varieties of kumara, and
actually got up the stuff to try kina (sea urchin). Still can't handle
Vegemite, though!

You forgot to mention the ice cream, and pavlova, though.

Thanks again,

Vincent
(can still do the All Blacks haka, given enough beer!)