SC - Food dyes

Weaver8002@aol.com Weaver8002 at aol.com
Fri Mar 30 15:37:08 PST 2001

>I use wine vinegar cut with unsweetened white or red grape juice (generally
>tarter than Concord), about three parts vinegar to one of juice.  Cider
>vinegar and unsweetened apple juice, in similar proportions works well, too.
>
>Rudd Rayfield

The verjus i bought was drinkable. I even drank about 4 oz. While i
like things tart, i would consider 3 parts vinegar to one part juice
not very drinkable. In my experience, a verjus substitute should be
tart, but not as sharp as fresh lemon juice.

Of course, i don't think i can determine whether my modern California
verjus has the same degree of acidity as the Medieval...

YMMV,

Anahita amina al-maktabah