SC - cooking help requested - OP

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu Mar 1 16:57:43 PST 2001

Greetings,

I recieved this message recently. I'm afraid that my cooking experience
is pretty
much limited to period cooking and a very little modern cooking, so I
can't be
of much help to this lady. She has given permission for me to forward
this to
this list. Since I know some of you have done some studying of traditional
American and American regional cooking, I'm hoping some of you can help her.

Since she is not on this list, please email her at: iniklas at zew.com.pl

Thanks,
   Stefan

> Subject:  I need help in recipes
> Date:  Wed, 28 Feb 2001 12:22:28 +0100
> From: "Izabela Niklas" <INiklas at zew.com.pl>
> To: "Mark Harris" <stefan at florilegium.org>
>
> Hello,
>
> My name is Izabela Niklas and I'm from Poland. I study English Philology at Poznan University and I'm graduating the school this academic year.
> First,though, I have to write my MA and then defend it. Topic of my MA work is connected with the development of Early American vocabulary on the basis of
> cooking recipes. And on this subject I would like to ask you a big favor. In order to write such a paper I need both old and current American recipes to compare the
> language. Here, in Poland I have scarce sources for this kind of work. If you could e-mail me any old historic recipes or give me some information where I can find
> materials for such a paper in the net I will be very much grateful. If any recommendation of my tutor is needed he will surely give you such.
> Thank you very much in advance for any kind of help.
> Looking forward for your reply I' sending my
>
> Kindest Regards
> Izabela Niklas
> iniklas at zew.com.pl

- --