SC - list newbie/Seasonal food.

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Mar 2 04:57:44 PST 2001

Jenne Heise wrote:

> How often, however, would Jews and Christians eat together in period?
> Documentary evidence, anyone? I suspect it did happen, but very seldom...

It occurred to me to ask this, too. Wouldn't much of the serious
recreation of period Jewish persona eating habits sort of preclude SCA
participation, unless you have a quorum? It's one thing to hold a proper
seder (for example) with a lot of like-minded people, but is it really
possible to be fully observant of the dietary laws involved, since it is
more than a matter of simply not eating the treif foods, isn't it?

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com