SC - Quaking Pudding???

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Mar 2 09:58:45 PST 2001

Cheriti Watts wrote:

> Is that a real thing? What is it?
>
> Cassea

It's a real thing. It's a rather puffy baked dish somewhere in
consistency between a custard and a cake; it sort of wobbles when you
take it out of the oven, hence the name. Recipes for it can be found in
English sources at least as far back as the eighteenth or seventeenth
centuries. I seem to recall there are seventeenth-century recipes for
it, anyway, and there are probably even more in the eighteenth.

I'm in a bit of a rush now, or I'd try to find one. Maybe on Sunday?

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com