SC - Non-member submission - Re:Lenten feast for non-christian characters

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 2 10:29:37 PST 2001

    Well, I haven't even CHOSEN a specific persona or character to play in
the
    SCA.  At this point, I still really just like experiencing the events
and
    learning about medieval history through the activities.  I think it
would
    be neat to experience a Lenten Feast as might be presented to royalty in
    the springtime.  Mundanely, I worship with a Protestant church, but that
    doesn't stop me from being interested in what people of other religions
    believe and how they live.  There is a Native American saying that goes
    something like, "To understand another man you must walk a mile in his
    moccasins", so I think if we are to understand the way people in
Medieval
    times lived, it would be good to experience the festivals and other
    activities that they experienced, as best as we can recreate.

    -Laurene