SC - Re: Lenten feasts

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Fri Mar 2 20:34:28 PST 2001

Vicente commented:
> Last weekend, they served Garbage as part of a first course.
> Chicken gizzards and livers in broth.  Most of it got pitched, not because
> it was badly made, but because most people don't like eating organ meats.

Well, I still think such things can be served. Just make small portions,
a taster's dish if you will. I'm not sure that *I* would eat much of this,
but I'd like to/be willing to taste some. Serving it early in the meal,
before everyone was stuffed, might help also.

> Ultimately, ya gotta give the people what they want...

Well, my lady wife and I have started avoiding feasts that have decidedly
non-period foods.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net