SC - Is propane safe indoors

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 4 18:31:31 PST 2001

- --- Pat <mordonna22 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Was written:
> <<Sorry for the OT, but I figured that this list is
> most likely to have
> someone who knows.  Is it safe to use a Coleman
> propane-burning
> stove inside the house?>>
> snip
> <<a cup of hot tea would be comforting, but it's
> not worth dying for.>>
>
> Please don't.  On the porch, or patio is okay.  Not
> in the house.  That's how
> we lost two souls at Estrella: propane + no
> ventilation.
>
> Mordonna

I believe most propane tanks have warning labels which
read something to the effect of:  DO NOT USE THIS
PRODUCT IN AN ENCLOSED SPACE...

Just what the manufacturer considers "enclosed" is, I
suppose, a matter of opinion, but I, personally, would
not be willing to test any theories on it.

I'll take my SPAM cold out of the can... it's hard to
enjoy it, even if it's hot, when you are dying of
propane or carbon monoxide asphyxiation...

Balthazar of Blackmoor