SC - losenges fryes/potage of beans boiled

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 9 00:27:00 PST 2001

Allison wrote:
>I've got a package of dried fava beans sitting in the freezer, right now.
>  They are white--ok, cream.  I bought them at an Arab market in the Strip
>District--restaurant markets--and they were labelled fava.  They appear
>to be a bean the size of a fingernail; they are split in half in the
>dried state.

Hmmm, i've never seen such small and white fava beans - all the favas
i've seen are much larger. These sound a lot like the lady cream peas
i saw. But i don't really know... I'll have to go and look in the
freezer of my local Middle Eastern markets.

My canned fava beans are a greenish-brownish color and around the
size of a finger joint. The dried favas i've seen are also brown or
greenish brown. And fresh favas are green.

But there could be other varieties i'm unfamiliar with. Like i said,
i'll have to do some exploring...

Anahita