SC - kind of icky - Little Mites in Flour Products -

KallipygosRed at aol.com KallipygosRed at aol.com
Mon Mar 12 10:27:21 PST 2001

- --part1_f5.7f76bb8.27de6f09_boundary

In a message dated 3/12/01 10:27:02 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
mfchamberlin at pacbell.net writes:

> First and foremost, this is not a problem with anybody's housekeeping.  Just
> to reassure anybody who might have been worried.

Absolutely it isn't, and no one should feel like it is. I lived overseas in
Iran for a very long time, and our flour products, grain products, were all
from storage and had been kept in vacumn sealed bins by the military until
needed at the regional coop we bought from. Everything had little bugs. It is
part of the process of milling that some of the egg larve get in there and
stay in there, hatch in the product. It is just usually used up fast enough
in most homes that people never see that result. Consequently, we saw it all
the time. Sometimes our grain products were two years old at opening of the
bins.

I asked the docs about it in Iran...and other docs since then. We were told
to sift them out. Not to worry about it, and use the flour. It wasn't going
to hurt any of us.

They used to joke is was just added protein....

Lars

- --part1_f5.7f76bb8.27de6f09_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff"><FONT  COLOR="#800080" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SERIF" FACE="Collage" LANG="0">In a message dated 3/12/01 10:27:02 AM US Mountain Standard Time,