SC - FW: [TY] On a lighter note

Christine Seelye-King kingstaste at mindspring.com
Fri Mar 23 14:27:15 PST 2001

Sort of food humor...

- -----Original Message-----
From: Keith Savage [mailto:keithsavage at home.com]
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2001 5:27 PM
To: meridian-ty at yahoogroups.com
Cc: SCA_BARDS at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [TY] On a lighter note

...as a certain time of year approaches I thought I might share this story
with you...

At the great Feast of Spring there was a contest of strength.  The puissant
and powerful champion Charles the Atlas took an apple and proceeded to
squeeze, and squeeze, and SQUEEZE until the fruit was dry.  A prize was then
offered to any man (or woman) who could get another drop from the apple.
Many tried, but the poor fruit released not one more droplet.

Finally, a frail little man jumped up to the platform and calmly declared
that he could squeeze more juice from the apple.  Amid much laughter and
catcalls the little man was handed the by now much abused fruit. He took it
in his hands, examined it for a few moments, and then with what seemed no
effort at all sent a stream of juice squirting out over the crowd.

"Huzzah!" the onlookers cried, looking upon the little man with new found
respect.  A man at the back of the crowd shouted "I don't believe it!  This
must be some sort of trick!"

"Not at all," the frail looking man called back.  "You see, I am the king's
tax collector..."

In amused service,
Gryphon