SC - Bidding for Feast

Diana L Skaggs upsxdls_osu at ionet.net
Sun Mar 25 16:18:41 PST 2001

At 03:39 PM 3/25/01 -0600, you wrote:
>What was the menu?
I sent you a copy of Morgan's.  Mine is on my computer at work.  I'll send
it tomorrow.

How many people total were to be fed?  They told me 80 to 100.

>What were the
>cost estimates?

I was told to plan no more than $5 per person.

> What was actually bid by all particiapants?
I don't know what Asoph's bid looked like, and I admit Morgan's menu sounds
better than mine, and she gave documentation for her dishes.  I didn't.
Next time I will.

>Groups can provide front money.  I commonly get a $300 front after a
>successful bid, then provide a running accounting and receipts when I go
>back for more after I spent it.  I expect to be reimbursed up to the upper
>limit budgeted in my bid.
I would add here, too, that my friend was asked to server an additional 25
people the day before the event.

>A precisely budgeted bid, with menu, planned expenses and cost recovery
>information is the only way to fly.  If you know what you are going to do,
>how you are going to do it and how you are going to work the finances, put
>it up front.  Deliberately lowballing a bid is bad form.

Well put.  I agree with you.

>Budget $440.  With a feast fee of $5.50, you break even at 100% capacity.
>At $6 per plate, break even is just under 74%.  And at $7 per plate, break
>even is just under 67%.

>Bear
When you get my menu, please look it over and give you kindly advice.  Keep
in mind, it is my first effort at a bid for feast.  I have been asked to
prepare the feast for our Guardian this September, although it's not set in
stone.  We're planning a German themed feast.  I've already downloaded
copies of Sabina Welserin, Rumpolt and Das Boke.  I'll be posting
redactions as I test them.

Liadan