SC - Bidding for Feast - clarification re: servers

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Mon Mar 26 12:46:17 PST 2001

>  We won't get into my thoughts about places that use small children as
>servers.  I know it's cute, but I've seen problems due to lack of
>strength, and hissy fits and other interfering behaviours.  I let
>children help serve, but don't want them to be the exclusive serving
>corps.

An example of an event where it did work out OK was Northern Lights this
weekend-- the autocrat's elementary school class served the feast (3rd or
4th graders, I think). I think they enjoyed doing it, which is of course
key. I've seen kids used as grunt labor and it never works out well.
(It was also amusing to see them interacting with the King...)

Tonight, I'm about to go to youth fighter practice and ask some of our
pages if they would be willing to help with serving the Royals dayboard at
Crown Tourney-- I'd like to recruit them as sewers (people with jugs and
bowls of scented water for handwashing.)

- --
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at mail.browser.net
"The worst thing I can say of a person is, 'they couldn't be bothered'."