SC - Bidding for Feast - Winner's comments (Part 2)

Morgan Cain morgancain at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 26 20:08:10 PST 2001

Liadan said:

> I hope I didn't offend you, but I'd never bid a feast before, and didn't
really
> expect to "win." I was totally blown away by your menu, but was wondering
> if I had some incorrect assumptions when doing my bid.

No idea, and no, I was not offended.  I could tell that you are new at this,
and learning.  I am perfectly happy to teach people about doing feasts, and
have taught a class (last at WinterKingdom in January) about how to plan a
feast, including costing.  We can work through it during a dull moment in
the kitchen.

(Yes, they occur, usually when chopping mass quantities or other tedious
chores.)

> You've probably read some of
> the discussion here.  Remember, too, part of the comments I've
> received have been private.

Sorry that I was not clear, I had read four Digests (#3035 through #3038)
before posting.  And I would guess that some of the comments were private.
But I wanted the list to see what *my* comments would be -- not just because
my bid had won, but to add to the discussion.

> So post the menu already - how can we discuss the menu if we can't SEE
> the menu!
> ^grump^
> margali

Quit grumping -- it was the postscript to my message, to which Liadan was
responding.  I figured that people would want to know what the menu is (it's
on the website anyway, or should be) and included it in my message.  You
just had to read aaaalllllllll the way to the bottom to see it.  <G>

> > $25 isn't that much, unless the group is broke. It may simply be that
they
> > liked the other menu better, or felt more comfortable with the other
> > cook bidding.
> She submitted a much better meal for the price.  Documented and
everything.
> I was in awe.

I'm flattered!  But I've had more experience than you, is all.  We'll talk.
<s>    Really, I think it was the experience that did it, more than the
cost, given how little time there is before the event.

                                    --- Morgan