SC - Bidding for Feast - Winner's comments (Part 2)

UlfR parlei-sc at algonet.se
Tue Mar 27 08:36:41 PST 2001

On Tue, 27 Mar 2001, Michael Newton wrote:

> I know that in Calontir there are people who serve the feast because they
> don't want to eat what is being served , but feel obligated to stay for the
> whole event. Needless to say this devotion to serve does get overworked, and
> abused. I am sure that happens everywhere.

Is it because the cooks insist on cooking horrible period food that no
modern stomach can handle, or is because they serve corn-on-the-cob and
baked potatoes?

/UlfR
 who could fully understand them in one of the cases

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                                      parlei at algonet.se
Obviously, a major malfunction has occurred.
	-- Steve Nesbitt, voice of Mission Control, January 28, 1986, as the
           shuttle Challenger exploded within view of the grandstands.