SC - Chef Heros

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 29 11:15:40 PST 2001

> >Did he stop taping shows for some health reason (I vaguely recall
> >something about illness, but it's hard to keep track of all this stuff),
> >or was it that other thing? I mean, Marv Albert and Pee-Wee Herman are
> >both working... . Smith was good at what he did, professionally, though,
> >which was to make fine cuisine accessible to most people, even if he did
> >water it down at times, ever so slightly. Certainly his net effect on
> >cookery in America has been good.
>
> Someone mentioned he was on the food channel.  I wondered if he's doing new
> shows or if they're rerunning former shows.  They stopped airing him on PBS
> because of the "other thing" or so I was led to believe.
>
> Liadan

Neither Marv nor Pee Wee, while discredited by sex scandals, were rumoured to
have indulged their desires with underaged co-participants.  There are very avid
opinions both ways as to the truth of the allegations in Smith's case.  I
personally have strong opinions about child molesters and false accusers, so I
don't know what to think and prefer to leave judgement to the Almighty.  Jeff
Smith is said to be retired and living in Seattle.

Pro-Jeff web site: http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/twarda/home.html
Anti-Jeff web site:  http://www.tigerherbs.com/eclectica/fragments/frugal.html

Selene