SC - Salad - WAS Modern Chefs (OOP)

Christina Nevin cnevin at caci.co.uk
Fri Mar 30 08:19:58 PST 2001

	Selene wrote:
	I agree, big time.  The real strength in English cooking was in its
excellent
	animal foods;  the proverbially great British beef, the fine dairy
products, famous
	cheeses, and that addictive clotted cream.  Anyone who orders a
green salad in
	England probably deserves what he gets.

Oddly you should say that, as salad appears to be having a renaissance in
England at the moment. When I first arrived here 3 1/2 years ago, you
couldn't get anything above a basic mix of lettuces (yuck). Now my local
Tescoes sells about 10 to 12 different salads (Caesar, baby leaf, coleslaw,
etc etc) all the time, my favorite being the watercress/rocket/spinach mix,
as well as baby spinach and rocket by themselves, and even my local Budgens
supermarket (way, way down-scale) sells about 4 or 5 mixes.

Lucrezia

This electronic message contains information from CACI International Inc or
subsidiary companies, which may be confidential, proprietary,
privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure.  The information is
intended to be used solely by the recipient(s) named above.  If you are not
an intended recipient, be aware that any review, disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of this transmission or its contents is prohibited.  If
you have received this transmission in error, please notify us immediately
at postmaster at caci.co.uk

Viruses: Although we have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and
attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good
computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free.