SC - OT, OOP, Chemo

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 30 09:08:12 PST 2001

Mairin wrote:

> Imagine my surprise when, after a bone marrow transplant, I discovered
> that
> you lose your sense of taste for several months!  I have never truly
> regained
> my ability to eat mass amounts of chocolate.  On the upside, I have
> been told
> that I have a pretty bald head:-)
>
> Mairin
> (cancer free six years and counting)

Well huzzah for that!  I bet you have an adorable bald head.  I've got
this idea for a Star Trek costume for you... well not any more
evidently.  Thank goodness.

The Hon. Lady Eyana bat David had her hair fall out during chemo about a
year and a half ago.  Her monumental lemonade-making response was to
make a full court Centari gown for the next sci-fi convention and make
sure that Babylon 5 creator J. Michael Straczynski saw it and knew why.
I think he teared up, and said that this makes it all worth it.

She's back on chemo again, but seems to be keeping her hair this time.
Interesting.

Selene