SC - CANDYING FRUITS AND VEGETABLES

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Fri Mar 30 10:38:18 PST 2001

> Also, and this is my personal opinion, I cannot take too seriously a
> religious SCAdian who is eating *at* feast.  If they are so very religious,
> it is impossible to partake of the feast because while the fruits or
> vegetables or vegetarian food might be considered kosher, the pots, pans and
> utensils and the kitchen used to prepare the food is not...  so if a Jewish
> person is so very observant, they are out of luck with the feast.

Obviously, it depends on how frum the person is. Some people try simply to
obey what they see as the 'major' rules...

BTW, I was looking at a book of Jewish Law the other night (it wasn't
mine, and I can't pronounce the title). Does anyone know when the
restriction on eating food cooked by a non-Jew was instituted? If the food
was cooked before the sabbath and a jewish person turned on the stove,
would that satisfy the requirement of having a jewish person put one stick
of wood in the bake oven?
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at mail.browser.net
"The worst thing I can say of a person is, 'they couldn't be bothered'."