SC - Religious Holidays

Gwendolen Lambert marillian at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 1 09:29:22 PST 2001

Thank you all that responded either on the list or privately about my post
concerning Religious holidays.  While everyone posed excellent points of
history, which I really *already* knew (but thank you anyway), I made the
post as a mere observation how it just struck me funny that on other lists,
no one seems to mind talking about Jewish or Christian aspects, but mention
anything pagan, and it's like being damned for all time!

I wanted to also apologize for not being clear; the post I was referring to
earlier was *not* on this list.  One of the things I truly enjoy about
*this* list is that no one seems to mind all the various beliefs we
practice.

While my persona, being English/Tudor would be bound to Christian beliefs, I
do not make religion part of my re-creation (no matter how historically
correct it would be) due to my own mundane beliefs. It's a personal choice I
have made. However, I do enjoy different foods and have no problem if
someone were to serve me something made in the context of a particular
religion.

Gwendolen