SC - OT: Is a propane stove safe indoors?

Jane Boyko jboyko at magma.ca
Sun Mar 4 11:45:04 PST 2001

We used to have that problem on a regular basis when I was growing up.  I
remember many meals cooked on my parents 2 burner coleman stove during
those times.  We also played cards by coleman lantern light (probably the
reason I detest crib).  We had a huge kitchen (175 year old Victorian
farmhouse) which at that point was also not as well sealed as it is now
(renovations--humph!). We closed all doors in the house to keep the heat in
the various rooms and all the doors in the kitchen (there were 7).
It ends up being your call.  You need to take precautions.  Have you
checked out the coleman web site?  Do they have a website?  Use it to cook
but not to heat the house etc.
Good luck and hopefully you don't need to use it.
Marina