SC - Appropriate notice?

Peters, Rise J. rise.peters at spiegelmcd.com
Wed Mar 7 07:57:47 PST 2001

Appropriate notice is however much you think you need to do a good job
without undue amounts of stress (we all get to pick our own definition of
"undue.")

If you don't get appropriate notice, the proper response is "I'm so sorry!
I'd love to be able to help out, but it's just not possible on such short
notice!"

My definition of appropriate notice sometimes varies according to (a) who
the autocrat is; (b) why they put off asking me until the last moment; and
(c) whether they've pulled this stunt before.  Acceptable levels have ranged
from several months to two days beforehand.

=Cait

jenne at tulgey.browser.net