Redacting ( was Re: SC - losenges fryes/potage of beans boiled)

rcmann4 at earthlink.net rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 7 08:24:22 PST 2001

And it came to pass on 7 Mar 01, , that david friedman wrote:

> [...]

Ah.  Then may I ask how you chose that particular thickness?
Because my first reaction, when looking at the recipe, was to think
of something like thin pastry dough.  I have no reason to think that
mine is the more correct interpretation, but I'd like to know how you
arrived at yours.

Or to broaden the question further, how do you decide on sizes,
measurements, etc., when working with an original recipe that
says something vague like "thin" "small" or "enough"?  As a novice
redactor, one of the reasons I'm fond of late-period recipes is that
they often give some explicit instructions about sizes and
quantities.  In the absense of such guidelines, what do you do?
(Or, "what do y'all do" -- I would like to pose the question to other
experienced redactors on the list.)

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann