SC - Appropriate notice?

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Wed Mar 7 12:39:39 PST 2001

> Courtesy, of course, requires as much notice as possible.  I'm going to
> assume that the lack of notice lay in either a) the steward didn't
> know*about the feast/dayboard until the last minute and/or b) the head cook
> broke his/her ankle.

Um... no.
I suspect that the person who provoked this question is confusing the
amount of time it takes to DO a meal, with the amount of notice required
to the cook.

Your estimates of how much time it takes jive about with mine, though.

*grin* in a completely unrelated situation, a friend of mine was working
with someone on a feast. The other person gave her the recipes a week and
a half before the feast; 3 days before the feast, the other person ran
into a family emergency and had to bail. Everything came out pretty well,
considering.
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
"Are you finished? If you're finished, you have to put down the spoon."