Inter-Library Loan ( wasRe: Fwd: RE: SC - Portuguese Cookbook)

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Thu Mar 8 06:11:40 PST 2001

> Only six months, eh? Four months ago, I was notified by
> the university library that a microfilmed thesis, ordered
> through ILL, was finally in and did I still want it considering I'd
> asked for it three years before?
> One wonders.

Oh. Important note: getting dissertations and theses through ILL is
generally pretty tough. (Well, if you had one of only two copies in the
world of something, how would YOU feel about loaning it to a complete
stranger.) If you need a US dissertation, blow the $25-$30 and buy it from
UMI. Some ILL departments will process this for you, but if you're an
independent scholar, you'll probably have to contact UMI directly, and
maybe get your copy electronically:
http://www.umi.com/hp/Products/Dissertations.html

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
"Are you finished? If you're finished, you have to put down the spoon."