SC - members of list

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Mar 9 16:33:44 PST 2001

Claire Galibois wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Someone (Olwen?) was wondering how many people are on the list.  From my (limited) experience with majordomo-type mailing lists...
>
> A number of simple commands are open on most majordomo lists from what I understand...
>
> If you want to know who's on the list, send a message to the majordomo with
>
> who sca-cooks
>
> in the body.  Likewise, if you want the information from the list,
>
> info sca-cooks
>
> I think you can get a list of the "open" commands just by sending a help message to the majordomo.  At least, you get the whole help message from the University of Alberta majordomo server anytime you send an incomprehensible command in.

Yes, the command "help" will do that. I don't think any unknown command
will, though.

I had occasion to check on this very question last week (okay, I was
looking for the address of someone I knew was on the list) and there
were approximately 205 subscribers to the main list, and about the same
number of digest subscribers.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy