SC - OT - Pretty nice SCA article

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sat Mar 10 19:07:38 PST 2001

VonGraph wrote:

> > Sir Osis Thorbjorn of the Livery was a very great man, and I think I take
> > exception in his memory to this thread.
> >
> > Gyric
> Sir Osis haad a fantastic sense of humor, he was a great person as well as a
> man. He would have I think chuckled at some of the names that have been
> slipped by the heralds and some of the attempts as well. I don't think this
> is a slight, more of a compliment on his intellect and humor. He is revered
> as one of the finer players in this game.

Either that, or the original postor simply hadn't heard of him as a real
person (there was a Lord Ursus in the East many years ago, who had
wanted to be knighted so he could be Sir Ursus of the Liver; evidently
he wasn't aware of His late Majesty Osis, and nobody thought to point it
out to him, but then this was at least fifteen years ago). Evidently
great minds do think alike, and when enough of them think so similarly
there's always the danger of something brilliant being branded as, well,
perhaps a bit cliched, even if unjustly. In any case, I am sure it was
not intended as a slur on the memory of a beloved comrade tragically
taken from us.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy