SC - And speaking of happy dances...

rcmann4 at earthlink.net rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 11 15:08:09 PST 2001

And it came to pass on 10 Mar 01, , that Philip & Susan Troy wrote:

> Also, congrats and best wishes to Lady Brighid ni Chiarain, also of this
> list, whom the Eastern Crown saw fit to induct into the Order of the
> Manche, the East Kingdom's award for achievement in the Arts and
> Sciences.

I would like to thank my family and friends, and the members of the
Academy-- sorry, wrong speech.

I will be replying to other good wishes off-list, but I have to mention
that Master Adamantius and his wife, Lady Kendra, presented me
with a gorgeous Manche medallion.  Lady Kendra, who is a
jeweller, crafted it herself.  It is a beautiful piece of enamel, set in
silver, and I will wear it with much pride.

> I have not seen one more well-deserved than this one, and Lady
> Brighid seemed just a little uneasy, as if the Crown and populace might
> find out that all she was doing all along was _having FUN_!!! Dabbling!

It is common for recipients of arts awards to be asked, "What field
is your ___ in?"  As this award was given to me for endeavors in
several different areas, perhaps I should reply that I have a Manche
in dabbling.  It would be very close to the truth.  I do what interests
me, and what I enjoy.
Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann