SC - feast references

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Wed Mar 14 12:28:04 PST 2001

> I am doing research on Medieval dining practices...feasts and how they =
> were served kinda stuff.
> Anyone have any books to recommend?
> thanks,
> gwyenth

I just borrowed _English Medieval Feast_ through ILL, looking for the elusive nef
reference (I will try to get the citations out to the list ASAP, but the picture isn't
there either.)
but it's a good book on its own, with plenty of quotes from contemporaneous accounts.
Citation is:

William Edward Mead, _ The English medieval feast._ (London, Allen & Unwin, 1967)
Originally published 1931.

- --
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at mail.browser.net
"Are you finished? If you're finished, you have to put down the spoon."