SC - murri-The Facts according to Ras

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Wed Mar 14 20:24:52 PST 2001

Ras,

>>Eating rotted and scorched items is not unusual. In the current middle
ages,
fish sauce and charcoal powder come immediately to mind. Butterscotch is
nothing more than a scorched sugar product. Blackened redfish is covered
with
burned and scorched spices. The list goes on.<<

Butterscotch is carmelized, not scorched.  I wouldn't touch blackened
redfish or anything else.  I just said I don't like the taste of anything
scorched, and you know I can't eat pepper, which is in all the Cajun
recipes I've seen.  Charcoal powder is an emetic used for accidental
poisoning cases, if you're a Chirurgeon.  I have not eaten fish
sauce--the Thai type, as the only chance I had to do so it contained
pepper.  I don't know if all Thai fish sauce contains pepper.

I'm still not rotting barley in my kitchen, and when and in what
publication did Charles Perry change his mind about the safety of
authentic murri?

Regards,

Allison

allilyn at juno.com