SC - Bidding for Feast

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Mon Mar 26 12:27:40 PST 2001

> I had never heard of bidding for feasts before.  In my group, there
> are a handful of regular cooks who tend to do the feasts.  I would
> find it difficult to submit such a bid, perhaps because I have limited
> experience -- only 4 feasts to my credit.  It takes me a long time to
> put together a menu, in part because I need to pre-test recipes.  I
> will not cook a dish for feast that I have not tried in advance.

We used to have a bid process for feasts, that the autocrat would ask for
feast bids and choose one from the submitted bids. It actually opened it
up more for people other than the 'standard people you ask to cook' to get
started. It also meant that the autocrat and the cook started out with
similar expectations of the feast.

- --
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at mail.browser.net
"The worst thing I can say of a person is, 'they couldn't be bothered'."