SC - the menu was Bidding for Feast - Winner's comments

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 27 11:24:25 PST 2001

Bonne wrote:
>The only thing that bothers me is that those sticking closely to the
>lenton feast don't get a lump o'protein anywhere.  sure, I know that
>they don't need it nutriionally at that meal--there are bean dishes
>and they can get protein at another meal.  But could you slip a
>cheese or egg based dish into course 1 or 3, or a fish dish?  Canned
>fish would do and, Bear, I think, said Wal-Mart in your area has
>frozen herring.  Some sort of pie or other made dish.

Well, it's true that there isn't ANIMAL protein on the Lenten menu,
but the combination of a multitude of vegetable proteins yields
complete protein from: wheat, lentils, nuts, peas.
...as well as the eggs (or are eggs not edible for Lenten followers...)

In addition, unless one has a medical condition, one can certainly go
for one meal without 4 or 2 legged animal meat.

Anahita amina al-maktabah