SC - Pork cuts

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 27 13:21:46 PST 2001

- --- Diana L Skaggs <upsxdls_osu at ionet.net> wrote:
> Actually, I was considering tenderloin - the skinny
> little piece of meat,
> because I was going to have it "spiral sliced"
> lengthwise to make a flat
> square piece of meat to fill and roll. I checked out
> the difference between
> a tenderloin and a boneless loin roast last night at
> the store.

Okay.  It sounds like you know what you are looking
for.  I just had this really bad feeling that you may
have REALLY wanted pork Loin...which is, in my
opinion, better suited to stuffing than is the
tenderloin (although I have had much success with pork
tenderloin stuffed with apples and almonds...)

Adamantius hit on the key point in his message.  It's
important to know the difference between the different
cuts, because that's what the butcher needs to know to
make sure he gives you the right cut.  If you are both
speaking the same language, then the chances of
getting your signals crossed are minimized.

Balthazar of Blackmoor
(just lookin' out for his fellow man...)