SC - the menu (meat for Lent) was Bidding for Feast - Winner' s comments

Tue Mar 27 14:13:43 PST 2001

The event announcement says Camp Rock Creek here in Norman.  I vetted the
kitchen about 6 months ago.  IIRC, 2 commercial ovens, 2 home ovens, 1
commercial convection oven, 1 large microwave, 1 small microwave, 6 burner
commercial range with large commercial grill top, 10 foot stainless prep
table located between the cook area and the service window facing onto the
hall.  Freezer and refrigerator space out the wazoo.  I think the hall has
ceiling fans and the kitchen is blower vented.  I estimated the kitchen
capacity to feed 400 while the hall would only handle about 240 seated
bodies max with judicious packing.  From memory, I think the steward will
need to arrange tables for 60 to 70 for a feast of 130.

Tell the steward you want the quarters behind the kitchen, so that you don't
have to run across the site.  Beds with mattresses, private facilities, and
a shower.

Bear

And I don't know what the kitchen will support about