SC - poison in peach pits

Nisha Martin nishamartin at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 27 20:43:24 PST 2001

hi-
Didnt you ever see arsenic and old lace? They poisoned
someone by putting arsenic (which has an almond taste
evidently) into the tea they had at tea everyday. I do
believe that it's cyanide that is in almonds tho. VERY
small, trace amounts. I do know that the inner seed,
(bitter almonds) of the peach pits are poison, but I
also know there are liquers and flavorings that are
bitter almond based.
nisha

    Arsenic? That's a poisonous element - I suspect
you're thinking of
Cyanide, which is a naturally produced compound.