SC - Re: Bidding on a Feast-Part 2

Barbara Sall socha at epix.net
Wed Mar 28 06:27:24 PST 2001

Quite possibly, within their group of friends, eating period food is not the
"right" thing to do.  Also, in my limited experience, many people will not
eat anything that is not familiar to them.  A friend of mine is a hunter and
at one time he handed me a piece of cooked squirrel.  I had just eaten right
before that, so I did not want to eat it.  However the people around us were
reacting with looks of disgust.  I believe that many people are closed
minded, so to speak, when it comes to foods that they are not use to.  I
learned, at the young age of 13, to be open minded about different types of
food.  It is very hard to be closed minded about food, when you end up in
many different countries eating food you do not normally eat and you are
very hungry.  Have the rest of you experienced anything like I have with
people not eating different foods?
Kirsten of Blak Rose