SC - Food dyes

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Wed Mar 28 07:37:31 PST 2001

> How about dried gentian flower or woad for blues
> and purples,

I think I'd be more comfortable using berries for the blues... and there is a cerulean
blue sauce that uses berries as a food dye, so it's not too bad.

> Anyone besides me have the childhood trauma of
> being painted with gentian violet for
> impetigo?...It should make a really good
> permanent dye......The stuff never goes away
> until you shed your skin......

Yes, but the bottles of gentian violet they sell at the drugstore by me say 'not for
internal use...

- --
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at mail.browser.net
"The worst thing I can say of a person is, 'they couldn't be bothered'."