SC - Pork cuts

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 28 11:58:44 PST 2001

>Olwen said:
> > I stuff mine with a mushroom stuffing and truss
> > it together every few inches and bake it in a covered pan with some
>sherry
> > and uncover for the browning.
>
>This sounds interesting. Is this mushroom stuffing just mushrooms?,
>chopped mushrooms? Or with some other items such as bread crumbs,
>onions and/or spices? or just plain mushrooms? Do you have a particular
>type of mushroom in mind? Or just the generic white button mushrooms?
>
>I may just have to try this, although since my wife won't eat mushrooms
>and I've only recently gotten her to eat pork tenderloin, I may be
>eating it alone. :-(
>
>--
>THLord  Stefan li Rous    Barony of Bryn Gwlad    Kingdom of Ansteorra

As for the mushrooms, I use whatever I have around.  Yes, I do mix in a bit
of breadcrumbs, onion, celantro and other fresh green spices chopped up and
I sometimes throw a little brandy in the mix.  I slice the meat up the side
leaving the other side attatched (like a hot dog bun) and truss it up closed
with cotton string every few inches.

As for eating it alone, why don't you fill half with the mushroom filling
and the other half with a bread, chestnut or that apple stuffing?

Enjoy!
Olwen