SC - Playing cooks onstage

Christine Seelye-King kingstaste at mindspring.com
Wed Mar 28 14:30:14 PST 2001

> Okay. Now you've done it. You've forced me to ask...  How many of us
> have portrayed poisoners/cooks on stage?
>
> Adamantius, who once played Felix Unger and Oscar Madison on
> successive nights
> --
> Phil & Susan Troy

Oh, gee.  Ok, if you really want to know... I did a series of television
commercials about 9 years ago where I portrayed "Cathy the Cafeteria
Seargeant".  I was being run against a "Joe Cool" kind of guy for President
of a local TV station's afternoon cartoons "Kid's Club".  I had a hair net,
a blue uniform with matching blue eyeshadow, menacing looking tongs, and
talked about how much fun we would have with me as the president, we could
look at film strips of the 4 basic food groups, practice lunchroom safety,
and look at my hairnet collection.  Needless to say, I didn't win (although
my friends stuffed ballot boxes all over the city), it was rigged, anyway ;)
Anybody ever see Adam Sandler and Chris Farley's "Lunch Lady Land"?  It was
kindof like that, only without the "Slop-a-sloppy joes".
It is eerie to see your face on a kid's t-shirt while you are out shopping
for groceries, though!
Christianna
not a school lunch-room lady, but I have played one on TV!