SC - OT, OOP, Chemo (Was poison in peach pits)

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Thu Mar 29 06:17:21 PST 2001

Having gone through two different chemo protocols, one for breast cancer, the
other for colon cancer, I can attest to the very serious side effects of
chemo...it is a dream of all of us who have gone through this that some day there
will be a treatment that will attack only the cancer cells rather than everything
in your body.  By the time I finished my last treatment of the breast cancer
treatment, I had lost half my hair (very lucky here as usually all is lost) and
was so tired all of the time that I couldn't even drive across town (and Prince
Frederick is tiny!!!) without falling asleep at the wheel.  And I was lucky!  I
didn't experience nearly all of the normal side effects.

That being said, even that is preferable to the alternative...the possible
recurrance of cancer and death.  I would do it again in a heartbeat!!!!!

Kiri