SC - Religious Holidays - OT

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 3 13:07:24 PST 2001

>I have a question.  Why is it that when I had asked a question on an email
>list about finding a Samhain celebration, I got my arse flamed; yet, when
>someone talks about other religious holidays such as Lent, no one seems to
>mind?

Well, we aren't talking about Lent, so much as talking about Lenten food
(and historical jewish reaction thereto which might be 'played' by SCA
members with jewish persona)

without having the original question here, I don't know why it was flamed.
But it doesn't sound like you were asking about Samhain food, but rather
Samhain itself.  Are there expected foods for Samhain?  I'm willing to talk
about that.

Bonne