SC - OOP - Needs help with recipes

Debra Hense DHense at ifmc.org
Mon Mar 5 07:33:28 PST 2001

This person wrote to me asking for help.  I only know of one early American cookbook and that is Martha Washington's.  If any of you can help her - I'm sure she will appreciate it.

Thank you.  Her e-mail address is included at the end of her request.

Kateryn de Develyn

Hello,

My name is Izabela Niklas and I'm from Poland. I study English Philology at Poznan University and I'm graduating the school this academic year.
First,though, I have to write my MA and then defend it. Topic of my MA work is connected with the development of Early American vocabulary on the basis of cooking recipes. And on this subject I would like to ask you a big favor. In order to write such a paper I need both old and current American recipes to compare the language. Here, in Poland I have scarce sources for this kind of work. If you could e-mail me any old historic recipes or give me some information where I can find materials for such a paper in the net I will be very much grateful. If any recommendation of my tutor is needed he will surely give you such.
Thank you very much in advance for any kind of help.
Looking forward for your reply I' sending my

Kindest Regards
Izabela Niklas
iniklas at zew.com.pl