SC - OT: Is a propane stove safe indoors?

rcmann4 at earthlink.net rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 6 04:55:15 PST 2001

And it came to pass on 6 Mar 01, , that Christina Nevin wrote:

> Brighid, I realise this it's a little late this time, but for next
> time what you might want to do is get a carbon monoxide detector.

Thank you for the suggestion.  My preparations have proven
unnecessary, since the main storm has moved further north and
east and is now pounding the poor folks in Connecticut and
Massachusetts, etc.  But it's not a bad idea to take safety
precautions for the future.  Since there are battery-operated smoke
detectors, I imagine there are battery-operated CO detectors, too.

ObFood: The cheese I made last night has drained nicely,
producing vast amounts of whey.  I made some bread with whey
the other day, and although it did nothing for the flavor, it did give
the bread a very nice texture.
Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann