SC - losenges fryes/potage of beans boiled

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 7 08:23:10 PST 2001

My notes and questions:

>Does this recipe really require fava beans?  I find myself doubtful because
>the original calls for "wite benes" and, if fava beans are indeed broad
>beans, they are green not white.\

Fava beans are broad white beans.  To cut corners, or if you are in a big
hurry you can use the canned ones.

>What sort of wine should I use - it is going to be cheap cask wine, but
>should it be white or red?  My feeling is that it is white, but I could be
>wrong.

When I made them I think I used "box of wine" chabli

>I am planning on getting the pottage to the adding raisin stage and then
>leaving it for the Steward to combine them and reheat the dish at the event
>before serving.  Is there a problem with that?

How long before the event do you plan on making the pottage?  If you will be
freezing it, you could do it either way.  If it will sit in the fridge for a
few days, then definately add the raisins on site, but give it enough time
to flavor the beans.
Olwen