SC - Languedoc/Cathar

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Wed Mar 7 15:16:58 PST 2001

>Hallo all.
>
>I've recently become fascinated with the Cathar story, and am wondering if
>anyone has any clue where to look for a resource on their food. It must have
>been a fascinating food culture since the Cathars came from Asia Minor to
>France by way of Germany and Italy, and then were tossed out in the early
>13th century to settle near present day Bosnia.

I believe you are confusing the path followed by the doctrine with an
actual mass migration of people. As far as I know, almost all of the
Cathar's were simply French or Italian, converted to that particular
heresy.

What source suggests that they were actually people who had migrated
from Asia Minor?

>  They were purportedly
>vegetarian,

The perfecti or the rest of the believers?

>with heavy ties to the Mohammedans and other faiths,

What is the source for that?
- --
David/Cariadoc
http://www.daviddfriedman.com/