SC - Appropriate notice?

Phil Anderson phil at dev.spis.co.nz
Wed Mar 7 16:02:09 PST 2001

Jadwiga writes:

> What do you all think of as appropriate notice (in other words, the
> autocrat comes to you and says, "I need you to do this meal in x weeks")

For a start, any steward asking me like that had better be on very
friendly terms with me indeed, and be waving a bribe. I prefer to
hear "I need a cook. Would you be interested?"

> for a) feasts; b) dayboards (does it matter whether it is winter or
> summer); c) breakfasts?

Asuming I'm not short of spare time and can find suitable assistants,
a month for a feast and a week for a supper/light lunch would be
plenty, though more time is always better. Breakfasts supplied by
the event in this part of the world don't get more elaborate than
porridge.

It helps that I don't have to expect more than 50-60 at a normal feast.

Edward Long-hair, Southron Gaard