SC - And speaking of happy dances...

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sat Mar 10 19:39:40 PST 2001

Hullo, listies all!

I've just returned from Mudthaw, in the Barony of Settmour Swamp, East
Kingdom, and have a couple of announcements to make that may be of
interest to the folk here.

First off, I'd like to extend my deepest congrats to _Lady_ Devra the
Baker, of the Poison Pen Press and of the SCA-Cooks list, who received
an Award of Arms today from TRM's of the East, Andreas and Isabella.
Yes, I know there are people who feel an AoA is appropriate after six
months or so of membership, but I was informed today that Lady Devra was
a camp cook for the East Kingdom at a small, informal event known as
Pennsic I. So when they talk about an award being overdue, I think this
is what they mean, and such was the eagerness of the Eastern Crown to
rectify this error that they gave her two scrolls ;  ) . This one
brought me great pleasure to witness. Congratulations again to Lady
Devra!

Also, congrats and best wishes to Lady Brighid ni Chiarain, also of this
list, whom the Eastern Crown saw fit to induct into the Order of the
Manche, the East Kingdom's award for achievement in the Arts and
Sciences. I have not seen one more well-deserved than this one, and Lady
Brighid seemed just a little uneasy, as if the Crown and populace might
find out that all she was doing all along was _having FUN_!!! Dabbling!
We all hate when this happens, don't we? To Lady Brighid I can only say
that when all you're doing is having fun, you're doing this for the
right reasons, and it shows. Believe me, it does. The quality of both
her research and her workmanship could only have resulted from labors of love.

Okay, I'm off to get all misty-eyed now. 'Scuze me... sniff

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com