SC - Early British food - now cannibalism OT OOP-ish (GROSS-OUT Warning...)

Craig Jones. craig.jones at airservices.gov.au
Mon Mar 12 19:45:04 PST 2001

Any anthropologists on the list?

I'm a bit skeptical about this?  We could be seeing a very isolated incident or
something else (such as the remains of a post-mortem on an amputated limb - the
split leg bone - then thrown onto a midden).

I can document very isolated cases of cannibalism in Colorado in the 19th
century, but I wont accuse all my US cousins of pining for a bit of 'long
pork'.

There has to be another reason, I feel that someone's jumping to a conclusion
somewhere...

Cheers,

Drake (yes, from Britain and is taking offence at Cannibalistic ancestors...)

ps.  Why can't I get The Cannibalistic Undertaker's sketch from Monty Python's
Flying Circus outta my head?

pps. Why is Cannibalism illegal (is it the murder part, the CJD/other disease
risk or what).  If I die (healthy and disease free) and in my will I pledge my
body to others for culinary delights would that be legal?  Sorry if I'm
grossing people out...