SC - Early British food

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 14 19:28:56 PST 2001

Ras wrote:
>  >Sure, and hasn't he a copy of TO SERVE MAN?
>  >
>  >Selene, old science fiction mavin
>
>Nope....but I would love to get my hands on the prop from the show. It would
>be a great addition to my culinary memoribilia collection. :-)

Well, it isn't as good as the prop from the Twilight Zone episode,
but there IS:
_To Serve Man: A Cookbook for People_
by Karl Wurf, illustrated by Jack Bozzi
Wildside Press: 1976
ISBN 1880448823

The cover is a bit silly, featuring a man running after another
man... I haven't read it, i only ran into it on the web while
searching for the title of the Anthro book i mentioned in another
post.

Gee, at Barnes & Noble, the people who bought this book also bought:

- -- From Soup to Nuts; The Cannibal Lover's Cookbook by Jon Macks
(with its Martha Stewart meets Hannibal
Lecter cover)

- -- Julia's Kitchen Wisdom: Essential Techniques and Recipes from a
Lifetime in Cooking by Julia Child

- -- Can You Take the Heat?: The W.W.F. Is Cooking! by Jim Ross and the
World Wrestling Federation

- -- Best-Ever Vegetarian Cookbook by Nicola Graimes

Seems a bit schizo...

Anahita al-shazhiya
betcha can't eat just one...